Governor Sununu should know that not all of NH wanted out of the Paris Climate Accords. This is our chance to let him know. Join some of our members at Pease on October 19th. Get smarter about this!
Next week there is a chance for you to make a difference for our state. Governor Sununu’s staff will be traveling the state on a listening tour to hear what your community wants in NH’s 10 Year Energy Strategy. This is a HUGE opportunity for us to push for a transition away from fossil fuels and towards renewables. The listening tour will be conducted by the Office of Strategic Initiatives (previously the Office of Energy Planning).
We need to demand…
- Governor Sununu requests an offshore wind task force from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management. This is the first step in bringing offshore wind to NH.
- New Hampshire joins the growing list of states who commit to upholding the Paris Climate Accord by reaching 100% renewable energy by 2050.
- New Hampshire halts any investment or construction of new fossil fuel infrastructure.
Here is what you can do…
- RSVP to attend one of the public comment sessions in Portsmouth or Concord and prepare testimony or bring a sign. Also see the complete list of locations for public comment sessions across the state here.
- Send a letter to OSIinfo@osi.nh.gov.
- Spread the word! Forward this email or share the Facebook events for the Portsmouth and Concord public comment sessions. Seriously we’re not going to do this alone.
- Please attend one of these sessions to let OSI know that you want a state energy strategy that prioritizes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and other policies that help keep our energy dollars local.
October 19th, 2017 at 6:00pm
NH Dept. of Environmental Services, Pease Field Office
No RSVP is necessary. Written testimony may also be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31.